India culturally has had a rich tradition of fostering entrepreneurship. Globalization of business and tremendous potential for growth in service sector has opened up a new vista of opportunities for the management students, who are looking for opportunities to exploit their full potential by setting up their own ventures
We at IMCD understood the importance of Entrepreneurship Development to boost and promote the culture of Creating Jobs versus Doing Jobs and hence established the ED Cell to encourage management students to consider self employment as a career option. We tried to create an environment which will nurture an entrepreneurial spirit amongst our students.
It is an initiative of the young minds at this institute for development and mentoring of skills in individuals who are passionate to pursue their ambition in setting up their own venture. The ED Cell organizes different activities and events to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship. We arrange seminars by aspiring and well-established entrepreneurs for an interaction with the students.
The objectives of ED Cell:
- To inculcate an entrepreneurial culture among students
- To organize interactive sessions with successful as well as aspiring entrepreneurs.
- To increase awareness among students about various schemes and Government policies to promote startup and new ventures.
- To organize events that help to infuse the entrepreneurial spirit among the students.
- To orient faculty members on the need and importance of entrepreneurial spirit among the students and alumni.
- To conduct various programs to create awareness about entrepreneurship.
- To help women students to take up entrepreneurship as a career.